Monday, September 06, 2004

Your-ours Djorkaeff

Youri Djorkaeff is set for a return to the Premiership after instructing his agent to find him a new club.

The Frenchman left Bolton in the summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract, with manager Sam Allardyce refusing to meet the 36-year-old's wage demands.

"I have instructed agent Willie McKay to find me a club in England because I feel I have another two good years left in me."

"I was disappointed not to sign a new deal with Bolton, everything was agreed but as time went on we went our separate ways."

"I am missing playing in England and I feel I have a lot to offer to a club in the Premier League."


With Di Canio gone, our failure to add the players we wanted in the transfer window, and the fact that he's on a free - I could seriously see us in talks with him. He also normally scores against us so I expect Curbs will have already taken notice.

The wages are the deciding factor for me. I'm sure he'd would like to join us, but would we realistically pay the 25-30Kpw that he would command? I think not.

As for whether he's still got it - i'll leave that to the scouts.

1 Comments:

At November 4, 2005 at 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great nfl team logo blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on nfl team logo. You can check out my forum about nfl team logo if you have a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home